What is the New Year Quiz?
Our New Year Quiz tests your knowledge about New Year’s Day and New Year’s Eve traditions and celebrations. A great way to start January 1st.
New Year Quiz I
- What word do the Scottish people give for the last day of the year and its celebration?
- What day of the week was New Year’s Day, 2019?
- In which European country is it a tradition to jump from a chair right before midnight and also smash plates against friend’s doors?
- On New Year’s Day 1993, which former country effectively split into two?
- Is the Chinese New Year commonly referred to as the Winter, Spring, Summer, or Autumn Festival?
- Who was found hanged in Winson Green prison near Birmingham on New Year’s Day, 1995?
- What name was given to the predicted computer meltdown at the beginning of the year 2000?
- Can you name the President of Cuba who fled the country on January 1st, 1959, with the advance of a rebel army led by Fidel Castro?
- Nicknamed ‘the Granddaddy of Them All’, which annual American college football bowl game is usually played on January the 1st?
- On January 1st 1881, Ferdinand de Lesseps began French construction on which great civil engineering project?
- ‘The ball drop’ is a famous part of the New Year’s Eve celebration in which touristy part of New York City?
- Which English author, born on New Year’s Day 1879, wrote A Passage to India?
- Who wrote the song ‘Auld Lang Syne’?
- In 2021, Chinese New Year will be the year of which animal?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS TO QUIZ
Get Your Amazon Gift Card Now
- Spring Festival
- Fred West
- Millennium Bug
- (Fulgencio) Batista
- The Rose Bowl
- The Panama Canal
- Times Square
- E.M. Forster
- Robert Burns
- Year of the Ox
GRAB YOUR AMAZON GIFT CARD NOW
Happy New Year Everyone Thanks For All Your Support In 2020